About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Friday, November 9, 2007

Mornings



I like it here, my mornings
I get up from my bed and peek around
for jacob, he looks at me and I
get up form my bed and make it right
away(since I was a little girl it has always been the first thing)
I wash my face and hands
I turn on the computer
I take a spoon of oil and start oil pulling,
I check my mail and read a few posts
I let jacob out and watch him from the cold
steps of my porch, he is slower now and
I try not to think about it, i must not...I
look at the garden and the changes taking place..
my feet and hands are cold now

I put on the fire it has gotten chilly,
but in an hour or two the door to the garden will be
open because the house will get very warm...(balancing
act I have yet to perfect)

I get rid of the oil and brush my teeth, trying not
to stare in the mirror, don't
I turn the espresso machine on and wait for the little green
light, I do any dishes, vacuuming, sweeping and a a final wipe down of the
counters. I take a glass from the cupboard, my glass
I place two spoons of chocolate, and make my mocha,the first sip
is my favorite.

I put orange peels on the fire and the house now has a sweet smell
that lingers over my red stool and I sit.
.
I think it is in their simplicity that I have found mornings to be a joy.

No comments: