About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Monday, November 12, 2007

I do not understand


Today I travelled the back roads
of Vermont. The landscape
was breath taking. I visited the farm
again-and liked how it made me feel.

What I do not understand on this day is
How al gore got the noble peace prize,
don't get me wrong, good work-but
his? I am feeling a little confused about
the war-how is it that it still is.

I know it is not possible- but i wondered
if a young teacher trekking thru a war zone
area into a bullet embedded school-trying truly
to educate and teach little children who have lost
family and maybe even hope-is it possible for someone
like that to ever get the noble PEACE prize?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your right about the Gore thing, I did enjoy the "movie" and I do think it brought the subject to the for front but still Gore for President are we forgetting the past!