About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday Bliss






Somedays you wake up knowing
it is going to be a very special day.

I decided that I would go on a hike
I looked at the hiking books I had
and found the perfect trail, it was
the skyline trail, a seven mile loop in the blue hills..
it would be Sophie's first hike.
the sun was shinning, I had water, an
apple, a banana, Sophie's water and of course
my camera.
I felt so alive, the outdoors, the mountain
and my love for it was all in balance. The
air was so fresh, in the shade a little cooler
but i definitely felt my blood pumping.
At the top is when things
reached beyond my expectations....I never leave home without
my camera yet I did not make picture taking my priority, perhaps
in the back of my mind I would take a picture of sophie on her first
expeditions. OH what I found was the most stunning stone observatory
I took shot after shot and everyone I just knew was a gift.

What a lovely day in so many ways........nothing I write can really
explain what I experienced except to say..I WAS IN THE MOMENT
AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE and EVERY STEP .

No comments: