About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Sunday, March 16, 2008

life begins to bud



It is a special time in the garden, i
wrote about this before but things
are budding.
tiny green stems emerge braking thru the earth, fighting obstacle
like old leaves and debris. I notice so many
things...but my favourite find was noticing
that the bark of the walnut trees are covered
with lime coloured moss and this makes me happy.

1 comment:

J Short said...

I can see how this makes your happy! Your pictures are gorgeous! I live in the mid-south and every winter I desperately look forward to the spring when things start turning green again because here, everything (and I mean absolutely everything) dies in the winter and cities and countrysides turn one stale brown for months (with no snow to liven it up!). It's just so nice now walking to school when it's not raining and enjoying the fact that the trees are budding and small flowers are starting to appear!! Have a great Spring!