About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

an evening's drive






Since I was a little girl I have always loved going for
a drive, i think i got that from my mother. she would often
take me with her when she needed to clear her head,
find inspiration or simply to calm down. My love of
driving has stemmed from what I learned while sitting next to her. A second before I was allowed to drive (parents gave permission to drive at 15-i know)
i would go on the longest rides sometimes to escape, sometimes
for inspiration,revelation but mostly for solitude and reflection.. I can not begin to tell you
what I have seen, felt and understood from those drives except to say
only the back country mountain treks, my solitude dives in the ocean or
my swims in the lake have come close.

Last night around 5:30 I went for drive with the purpose of getting
to a family dinner, but what I missed along the way was the sign that
said this road will feel like heaven...my version of it anyways.

No comments: