About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Friday, February 15, 2008

flowers


yesterday I did not recieve any, but this is not a complaint!
The last two weeks I have received a tropical bouquet from
a friend and a bouquet of white tulips(my favorite)from another. When
I got home last night I cleaned my house, and then in a saucepan
i put cloves. orange peels, cinnamon , water. I brought it to a boil and
let it evaporate in the air ,the house smelled wonderful.

I looked at the tropical bouquet that was sitting on my coffee table,all flowers needed to be tossed
except for two beautiful specimens of ginger, the hottest pink i have
ever seen and two mahogany banana leaves. Then I looked at the
bouquet of white tulips 6 very delicate tulips remained. I combined
the flowers, the new bouquet looked beautiful-it truly it did.

I took photographs
of course, but somehow felt like i need to sketch what I saw so I did.

I had the loveliest night, a bouquet of flowers, a sketch, a house that smelled
like heaven and sophie to make me smile.

No comments: