About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Monday, January 14, 2008

Seaplane




Yesterday I travelled by seaplane
to the island of St-Thomas-
the Seaplane was an adventure
the company was shut down for
5 planes going down within days
of each other- due to bad plane
maintenance... Since then the FAA
has set new regulations and new owners
now run SEABORNE airlines..the ride was
twenty minutes long-flight was very scenic.

Arriving in St-thomas you could see a
large cruise ships and many tourist buses
pick up trucks with open seating with a
canopy to protect fro sun.

I had to tell you I was excited about
anything resembling a city- commercial
yes- st-thomas caters to the ships coming
in- there must be at-least 200 jewelry stores
Rolex-diamonds -Gucci and so on.....I am
not interested but what gets my attentions
is a a cafe that is filled to the rim with computers
I know- but it definitely still had an Island feel...
The market places are divided by alleys- gorgeous
alleys with bricks arch wood doors plantings....
It had charm.

I took a tour bus -all of them where packed
but i managed to talk to one who offered a private
tour-YES_ i was happy I told him what i wanted to
see and that I would like to swim at one of the beaches
it was great he took me around up the mountains the views
where spectacular- he took me to Meghans Bay a beach
I put my suit on and swam....how lucky was I - the water
beautiful- most people stay in the shallow end, although it
is not very shallow i like to swim far because within a few strokes
you are alone my view was amazing...I was floating when all of a
sudden a spotted something coming towards me or maybe it was
I that floated towards it but it was a turtle about half my size I stared
at it wondering if he would bite-was not sure- so I stayed calm he
just kept looking at me and then he started swimming...now I was in heaven,
no I think they call it paradise.

No comments: