About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Diving





This morning at 7 am
a car picked me up to take me to a boat
I was nervous, because of the possibility
of feeling a little sea sick on board and the
fact that I had trouble with sleep.

The sun was shining and the winds had died down
for the first time in a week, good for a boat ride...
I was going to BucK Island to swim with the fish!
The boat ride was about forty five minutes, and at-the very end
was unpleasant, but that was okay because I was the first
one to jump into the water... aqua water-picture perfect.

It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life-truly
the coral beautiful although evidence of it dying was clear. I found myself
swimming out further than anyone(always ) the fish so beautiful
so unbelievable to me- how lucky i felt to be swimming with
such special creatures, I even found a shark sleeping under a rock(harmless kind)
It was like a dream-if ever i wanted more eyes this would have been the time...

Truly you must do this in your lifetime-NO you must do it often
whenever you can. I would like to describe the colors to you-but how can I
best can describe to you what i have seen and experienced today
how but to say you can never imagine it-trust me my imagination
tends to be colorful -this was magical.....

No comments: