About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Thursday, October 4, 2007

house-keeping


I arrived home at 7 p.m.
dog waiting outside

I had work to do, so
I took off my clothes, and put
on a white t-shirt, yoga pants
and a french linen apron

I turned on the tap at the kitchen sink,
luke warm to hot, first a red bowl
then a glass, and another, three forks
a spoon and a knife later, i turned
off the tap and took my sponge and wiped
the sink, the counters, light fixtures
and appliances, fridge , stove and so on

I lifted all the chairs off the floor
swept the kitchen, bathroom, dining and living
room and the vestibule

I turned the tap on again and filled the sink with geranium scented
soap, i took a mop out and started, living, dining, kitchen,and bathroom
and yes the vestibule...

then it hit me suddenly,

I stood still, l tried not to move blink or breathe,
as if somehow I could take it all back.......

would Jacob notice that I had just wiped the last traces of porter..

I tried not breathe, but I did
and it hurt....

No comments: