About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth and how we see it.

I would like to talk about the photograph right below

I was in old montreal as you know; cobblestone streets, historical buildings charm at every step, I have always been fascinated with alleyways- specially the ones where at either end you can see another building a piece of architecture, a lamppost.

I was taking this photograph because the alley way was very long and at the end of it stood a historical home with a tin green roof and behind it a church. I stood there for a very long time, it is only when viewing the photograph on my computer did I notice the trash (garbage). The reason I am
bringing it up is that yesterday was Earth Day and as you know the earth is not well and show’s no sign of getting better......so I started thinking why? this brings me back to the photograph.........we don't see it, we can't see passed the sunshine, blooming trees, flowers, oceans birds, we smell flowers and enjoy cool breezes. It is only those who
are close to it researching what is happening to this great planet, they are the ones visually on a daily basis seeing the destruction
of earth.

We just don't see passed the flowers, we say things like " must see the glaciers before they are gone" I know this because i have said it and done it but should we not being saying " lets find away to stop it from leaving"?




No comments: