About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

a lilttle rain on sunday morning


It was beautiful and strong, still tired i began to believe that the rain was only falling in my backyard. I sat there watching it. I lingered a little this morning, grateful for the silence that surrounded me. I got dressed and made my way to the cafe, i had not been there in a while and I was proud of that fact. Driving I realized how tired i was, i think I even said out-loud in quiet voice "i am tired love, perhaps defeated even" arriving at the cafe was like entering a country which population is a billion and you have just come from a town that has a sign that says population 323. I immediately bumped into her and she talked, and talked and she talked some more, I reminded her that her husband was in the car and it was hot out, I was grateful for the husband in the car and the sun. My table open, odd considering all the people, I sat, sipped and scored the new york times, it was fat and full of art happenings. Every museum, gallery, theater announcing the upcoming seasons, I promised myself that things would be different this fall and winter and that I would drive up to the city when ever I could. Two people I had not seen in long time showed up, I surprised myself and them I think by saying "the family is all here" I think I meant it. He chatted about his trip and work while he chatted about must see movies. we talked about my upcoming trip and they expressed there worries, although it was nice to have someone lookout for me I wanted to say to them, but I am all alone here. we talked a little more and decided to see a movie that evening, i had never hang out with them outside the cafe, but glad that we where going to give it a go.

No comments: