About Me

My photo
i moved where my heart had drifted off to long before. i live on a hill of hundred acres, where my dreams have merged with the view. it is quiet from machine noises yet loud with sounds of horses, dogs, cats chickens and ducks. nature is the true artist in resident and i am just her apprentice who often gets lost in her gaze. once and a while i travel back to cities and foreign places to put into photographs what i have learned, yet always, part of my heart is left on the hill..

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yesterday I decided to take a walk. I walk
often sometimes several times a day, it was just beyond
dusk. I love walking around the blvd, among the giant
house and pedicured lawns, but it is historic so it does not seem as bad
as it sounds.(many are clients), but this evening I thought it was best
to walk elsewhere. after walking for at least an hour and a half I found
myself at water fire. Water fire is an event that providence does well,
fire on the canal, with Gondolas, beautiful haunting music, jazz stages,
food vendors and so on., happens at least a dozen times in the summer
into fall.I will take photographs next time. Anyways I stopped at the Jazz stage for a while listened- I am a sucker for the Cello and base. Then I walked some more and spotted a band, folk Israel band playing(although I did not know that at the time) about 8 men where dancing, what I believed to be Greek style arm in arm round and round dancing as the music played faster, before I knew it I was pulled into this circle yes me and 8 men who knew what they where doing and a girl who had no idea what was  about to happen. We dance like this in this large circle spinning so quickly that I am sure many times my feet did not even touch the ground, I was dizzy for sure, and I had not eaten in very long while and was living on too many espresso that day. I want to tell you that the experience and the timing was absolutely delightful and necessary ...my legs felt like jello for the rest of my walk- but i came out of this spinning motion leaving a lot of what had been troubling me behind. The reason I chose to write this experience down, was in case I forget it- you might say how is that possible, but recently I have realized that I and others are quickly able to for get happy moments and find the more difficult ones the ones harder to forget.

2 comments:

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

but that's what happiness is... little moments. just feeling the moment, engaging in it and taking it in. thank you for sharing this.

littlebyrd said...

Love your story. I get what you are saying about forgetting...me too. I've tried to be good about writing down things my little boy does and I've fallen into not doing it - Somedays I feel a panic that I won't remember him being young. You long walks sound wonderful!